Founded in 2001, the Chetham’s Piano Summer School is now firmly established as one of the most vibrant,
respected, inspirational and universally friendly events of its kind in the world. Participants enrol from all five continents and are inspired, guided and educated by an extraordinary faculty of over 60 internationally celebrated performer-teachers.
With seven recital halls, 100 practice rooms, on-site accommodation and meals, Chetham’s Piano Summer School has proved time and time again to be an outstanding course, a universal haven for everyone who loves piano.
We are frequently questioned about eligibility and standards for enrolment. The truth is that the summer school is spiritually and materialistically large enough to include literally everyone who loves piano!
Here are group listings of some – but not all – of the participants who have enjoyed Chetham’s Summer School in recent years:
• Young concert artists preparing to enter top international competitions such as the Leeds (18–35)
• Adult amateurs of all levels, including those returning to the instrument after decades of neglect as well as those
who play to professional standard (30–85)
• Teenagers who enjoy piano but do not intend to pursue music as a professional career
• Talented children from age 8 - 12
• Beginners of any age who may come for just a few hours or more
• Students from specialist schools, junior and senior conservatoires and conservatoire students
• Observers, including parents, music teachers and music lovers of all ages
• School pupils who wish to audition for specialist music school or apply for entry in the future to conservatoires and university.
The course is further enhanced with a new state-of-the-art building which was used for the first time in 2012. The practice facilities and teaching rooms are of exceptional standard together with four new exciting recital spaces.
In 2017 the course was further enhanced with the outstanding new Stoller Concert Hall - offering a world class performance space for the evening recitals. www.stollerhall.com
The course schedule of lectures and evening recitals again promises to be entertaining and thought-provoking, providing a balance and contrast to the one-to-one tuition which will take place during the morning and afternoon sessions each day.
All accommodation is within the school. The atmosphere is made unique by the fact that faculty and participants dine and socialise together enabling everyone to feel very welcome – so much so that there are many ‘regulars’ who come every year.
“an unforgettable experience, brought about not only by excellent organisation but by the trust and friendliness of everyone "
“fantastic enriching experience”