The Open Piano Platform is intended for players of all ages and all levels of ability and the format is emphatically informal and friendly. Neither players nor their teachers need be members of EPTA.
Participants pay £1 to perform a piece of their choice on a grand piano in front of an audience of friends and family. Friends and family are welcome to come and listen without charge. Soft drinks, tea, coffee and biscuits will be available for a small charge.
Don’t forget that among the benefits of performing are:
- Anticipation of performance encourages pianists to practise more often and more effectively
- Watching other performers and hearing other pieces can inspire and motivate
- Seeing a period of intense preparation through to a conclusion builds self-esteem
- Performing builds confidence to perform both socially and for graded assessments
- Regular performance helps dispel performance anxiety
- Regular performance teaches players to play through mistakes
- Regular performance helps players (eventually!) to enjoy the moment and take a gracious bow